Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
About African Genome Center:
The African Genome Center house a Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics Platform aiming to serve as a focal point for collaborative research and training. The platform will build a cohesive scientific community and provide infrastructure to enable cutting edge molecular and genomic approaches to address problems in food security, agriculture, conservation, restoration of mines and human health in Morocco and Africa.
Job description: Proteomics and Metabolomics
The African Genome Center at the University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (UM6P) is seeking applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in the field of environmental OMICS. The successful candidate is expected to participate in an interdisciplinary team to develop and lead research programs on environmental OMICS. Candidates should hold a PhD in a pertinent field related to molecular biology, biochemistry, and biological sciences. Priority will be given to candidates with research experience and a publication record in the field of environmental OMICS. Interest in and ability to contribute to interdisciplinary research collaborations in one or more areas central to the African Genome Center strategic plan is expected. Moreover, the successful candidate should have the ability to engage professionally with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students across the university and externally. Evidence of research and teaching excellence, as well as strong English communication skills both verbally and in writing, are also required.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Be capable of teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in the candidate's field of research.
- Submit research proposals and build relationships with funding organizations.
- Collaborate with the departments and faculties, participate in multidisciplinary research, and establish a funded research program.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Engage in scholarly and professional activities that keep them up to date with their field.
- Supervise Master-students, PhDs and Post-docs.
- Organize and/or attend conferences, seminars, and workshops.
Criteria of the candidate:
- PhD in the subject discipline with at least two years post-doctoral experiences at highly recognized university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in research in the field of environmental OMICS.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for target publications.
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and to build upon existing ideas to generate good concepts and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
To apply, please use the following URL and upload your CV, Letter of motivation, Research statement.