The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and values or be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated experience with the analysis of large-scale next-generation sequencing data.
• Proven familiarity with Linux computing environment and the statistical software R.
• Prior experience working in a high performance computing environment.
• Ability to work within time and budgetary constraints, solving scientific problems, and achieving team goals and milestones.
• Demonstrated capacity for effective oral and written communication of research results and their implications to a variety of audiences such as scientists and stakeholders.
• Demonstrate the following values: Excellence – be the best you can be; Imagination – challenge conventional thinking and pursue novel, ground-breaking ideas; Integrity – act fairly, ethically and respectfully; Courage – take initiative, be adventurous, creative and bold; Teamwork – collaborate openly and inclusively; Equity and Diversity – embrace equity, diversity and reconciliation.
Education: Ph.D. in bioinformatics, microbiology, microbial ecology, computational biology, infectious disease ecology, statistics or other related discipline.
Experience: a minimum of 2 years of experience in computational biology/bioinformatics, microbial ecology and a record of relevant publications in high-impact journals.
Salary will be commensurate with degree of advanced research training and experience.
• Prior experience in microbiome analysis, metagenomics, and/or whole genome sequencing is particularly desirable.
• Ability to code in Perl, Python and/or shell scripts.
• Knowledge of biological systems, with experience in immunology/medical microbiology/diagnostics is particularly desirable.
• Laboratory experience in molecular biology research methodology (Spectrophotometry, DNA/RNA isolation, real-time PCR, etc.).
• Motivation for independent scientific work and development of bioinformatic tools and pipelines.
Please send cv and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com